Sunday, August 16, 2009

Procopious - The BEST Medieval Name EVER and the best Word (I Think, Anyway)

Hey Caitlin, why the long title?

I'm not even going to answer that... you know why... I LOOOOOOVE long things: long paragraphs (my standard paragraph has about 148 words... and it's only one sentence), long sentences, long books, long posts, long poems, etc. You should see (if you haven't already) my "Who is This Isaac Wright Guy?" post... it's proof that I like long things...

Anyway... unlike my previous post, I won't stall for so long before I reveal the nature of this new "corruption" that I have made in the integrity of the English language. (Translation from Standard English to Standard Speech: Instead of annoying you like I did last time with a nefariously long computer break, I will show you the total contamination I have done to the kickawesome language of English {which most of you refuse to use/understand} right now.)

Procopious is a BEAST Latin Medieval name (look it up if you don't believe it). I don't think I'd be able to name any of my kids that... I mean, what would you nickname a kid with a name like Procopious? Pro? Copious? Proco? But it IS a chill name.

I (because that's just one of my dimensioned hobbies, destroying the ever-neglected English Language) have redefined the word "Procopious" to mean "Preposterously Precarious" (Or in Standard Speech: Unreasonably Dangerous).

I used it a lot while I was hiking in Idaho 'cause the rocks were slippery and the whole thing was absolutely absurd at times... saying things like "this is just procopious," and "this rock is procopious." as well as saying that it took "Procopious Skill" to climb over those rocks. (Standard Speech Translation: it took kick'mazing navigation-of-insanely-trippy-stuff skills to climb over those rocks)

But that's basically it.

Summary: Procopious is a Medieval Latin name as well as a word that (in Caitlin's Dictionary of Strange but True words) means "Preposterously Precarious". Got it?

Good. Now I need a Slurpee.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! The incedibly amazing Caitlins is back on her bloggg!!!! (the undead choir sings Caitlins name in an errie zombie goan)

    ReplyDelete