Monday, June 1, 2009

Firsts, Holidays and that Wretched Yellow Fireball in the Sky

Guess what? It's June! That means school is almost out! YEAH!

Wait... you LIKE school? Oh... you don't go to MY school... okay.

Yeah, my school (I'm sure everyone already knows which one it is, ya know, the one that looks like/is a prison camp) is lame...

Anyway, while I was celebrating that school was almost out, I realized something funny about the First of June. Unlike April First, May First, September First and January First, June First isn't something you notice/celebrate/mourn (unless you're me). June First is just June First. I mean April First is April Fools day, May First is May day (even though no one celebrates it except me anymore) September First (at least in Harry Potter) is when school starts and January First is New Year's day. They're all Holidays/significant events.

So why isn't there a holiday/major event on June First?

My answer: 'Cause June is lame.

Why is June lame?

My answer: 'Cause it's too sunny.

Why is that bad?

Well lets just say that some of the characters in ANGEL (Isaac Wright, Timothy Black, Elena Creighton, etc.) don't like sunlight, and I have discovered, now that it's June and the sun is up like, ALL THE TIME, I don't like it either.

Why? You think I'm a freak for disliking the sun and that I should go lie out in it until I'm forced to like it because it's NOT HUMAN not to absolutely adore the sun and it's blinding, cancer-causing light?

This is Washington. The sun is almost NEVER there. I was born here. I got used to the sun NEVER BEING THERE, and frankly, there are times when I wish it would stay that way. The sun (since I never ever see it and my body has built up, like zero-immunity to it) gives me head aches, makes me feel sick inside and burns away my soul. If there was anything that did that to you, you'd think it was lame too.

And above all, you'd never call weather that caused such afflictions "lovely" like all those California immigrants insist it is. Sunny, June weather (for me, the girl who hardly ever leaves her house and especially not when it's sunny and is probably going to die from lack of vitamin D someday) is just a pain.

These two pictures demonstrate my sentiment towards June exactly. I need T-shirts with these printed on it, seriously. Then I'd been the coolest kid in school. But I'd also be the deadest kid in school. Those California immigrants REALLY want you to love the sun... it's like a new political campaign or something.


And that's why I think June First has not been commemorated. It's too lame to notice/celebrate and most people (except me and my characters) don't mourn it. What's your theory?



2 comments:

  1. My birthday is in June! So i love June, except i hate it too. That is a little weird. I have a love hate relationship with June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not too weird. Most people have a love/hate relationship with Christmas, because it's in the winter (which most people [not me] see as bad) and yet it's super awesome 'cause you get presents. I have a love/hate relationship with vampires. I love the good ones (aka Isaac Wright) but all the other ones (the bad ones and the kinda good, but mostly bad ones) I hate. You are not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete