Sunday, May 3, 2009

Deck, Deckish, Deckonate and the Origins Thereof

Hooray! I am finally starting a blog! I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do on this blog (besides blow your mind with just how weird I am and wind up humiliating myself in the process) but since I'm such a creative person I figured that starting a blog was another field I could excel in and that it would be fun to try. Of course every rose has it's thorns and my thorns might be within the blogging realm (I honestly don't know, I could really stink at this) but I'm sure you're just dying to know what this word "deckish" means and so I will take pity on thee (because I'm just nice that way) and answer your question.

To put it simply, the word "deckish" is merely a word I use as a substitute for the word "awesome". Of course, that is not the only definition of the word, but to fully understand what this word means (beyond the simple, kindergarten definition "awesome") you have to understand it's origins.

You see, the word "deckish" is actually derived from the word "deck". Not the wooden thing connected to your house that you use for barbecues and outdoor parties, but the slang-ish word "deck" that actually means something more along the lines of "pummel" "knock over" "beat up" or "take down". And since I was tired of saying "Isaac Wright (you'll learn more about him later) can really deck people" the word "deckish" was created to describe things, or people that had the ability to "deck" things.

But of course, since people who are able to pummel people are usually really cool (I mean there are some really bad people who can pummel too, but the coolest good guys are the ones who can take like ten dudes with guns with a single spinning kick) the word "deckish" has evolved to mean "awesome" as well as equipped with a super-ability to take out bad guys.

Understand? Good.

But wait. There's more.

You see, I just can't stop talking about Isaac Wright (it drives my dad nuts) and saying that "he could totally deck, like, everything" got old too. So I, like I always do when the English Dictionary doesn't provide me with what I want, made up a new word.

Deckonate. Pronounced DEK-uh-nate

Now what does THIS word mean? Well, since the root word of "deckonate" is "deck" which means to pummel/take down/beat up stuff, and the "ate" part of the word "deckonate" is also part of the word "annihilate", the word "deckonate" means to totally destroy/take down something in a manner that is totally awesome and can be matched by no other force.

Basically "deckonating" somone simply means that you are WAY stronger/faster/cooler than them and therefore you toally whoop them.

And why do I need so many words to describe taking out people? I mean, isn't that like a VIOLENT thing? Shouldn't I be thinking about flowers and butterflies and sunshine and princessess and all sorts of other purty wittle things?

No. I got bored of stuff like that in like, second grade.

But, if you read on, you'll understand why I need these words. Because some people (namely, Isaac Wright) can only be described as one thing:

Totally Deckish.

6 comments:

  1. Cool. I'm so glad you started blogging. Your writing is so fun to read. I'm proud of you. Naches. [Naches - Joy: Gratification, especially from children.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is Rick-Rick-Rick-Rockin' Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! You finally got a blog! On the cutest blog on the blog .com they have twilight backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he he! I loved your blog! The pictures were absolutely amazing, and the funny thing is i have all ready seen all of them before! I finally opened my own blog, it is so much fun, but i don't know what to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ur blog is off da hook!!!!!!!!!!! girl u definaty know how 2 blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wat sucks is my mom said i cant make my own blog
    :(. bye i luv ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still dont c why u hate the sun. its so much fun 2 be in the sun

    ReplyDelete