Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weirdest Word of the Week: Fauxkay

I know, I know, you're writhing in pain in your computer chair as your reading this and screaming "NOOOOOO NOT ANOTHER WEIRD WORD OF THE WEEK!" but I just can't help myself. The Committee of Official Weirdness has declared me "Officially Weird" and, surprisingly, that is a title that I live up to. Here's how I live up to that title, just in case you want to be "Officially Weird" too.
  • I write stories about vampires instead of stories about cute little puppies, butterflies and sunshine like every other sweet little teenage girl should.
  • I'm honestly shocked when people tell me that the characters in my story aren't real (they write songs that I want on my iPod, okay, sometimes I get confused).
  • I make up weird words that aren't in the dictionary (I mean who does that?).
  • I draw pictures of mythological creatures in my journals instead of writing about my life.
  • I wake up at 4 'o clock in the morning to type my story and willing donate 2 hours of my sleep-time every day to the world of ANGEL (that's the story Isaac Wright is in).
  • I don't drink coffee. (That one REALLY shocks some people. They think it ISN'T HUMAN not to drink coffee. Well, according to the people at my school, I am kinda pale... but that's not my point.)

So, against all logic, all reason, and all of your merciful cries that you can't stand my insanity any longer, I have decreed that the word "Fauxkay" is the Weirdest Word of the Week.

Why? And what on earth does that vile word (it's only vile 'cause it ain't in the dictionary) even mean?

Well, as many of you (the ones who defy all logic and reason and can somehow stand hanging around me) already know, I like to take existing words and mess them up. One example of this is in the phrase "mot nee" which translates into "not me". I just swapped the first letters of each word. Another example is in my usage of the prefix "kick" and the sufix "tickle". You see, I like to add the word "kick" at the beginning of a lot of words because it gives them more... um... kick, I guess... and I like to add a "tickle" on the end because it's fun. Words like kickawsome (awesome with a kick), smartickle (smart with a tickle), kicklame (lame with a kick), kickzactly (exactly with a kick) and KiPod {pronounced KYE-pod} (kickiPod really doesn't work, 'cause I don't want anyone to do that to my iPod, so I shortened the "kick" part, but it still means, iPod with a kick) were created in this way.

So it really isn't a surprise that I made up a new word and I've decreed that it is the Weirdest Word of the Week. I do it all the time. It's part of my awesome "Official Weirdness".

Oh, right... you want to know what fauxkay (pronounced foe-KAY) means.

Well, basically, it's just a cooler way to say "Okay". I just thought it would be cool to change the first letter to an "F" and have it sound like foe-kay, but I didn't want to have that spelling, because I'd already taken the word "so" and turned it into the word "foe". Plus, the spelling "fauxkay" looks kinda French (French is the bomb, seriously) and "faux" means "fake" so when you say it it's like saying "I'm not kickzactly sure what you're saying is true, but okay" because with the "faux" part you're implying that what they said was "fake".

Of course, most people can't tell how you're spelling words when you say them (I really wish they could, I make good word jokes) so it's not very useful that way in speech... but whatever. Fauxkay is the Weirdest Word of the Week, and that is that. Any Questions? Comments?

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin, your blog is amazing! You write so much, it's kind of intimidating. Since you started, you have blogged at an average of 1358.7 characters a day. I can't even type that fast! Keep it up (if you can).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I love you kick-mazing and fantasticle vocabulary. You are the most creative person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he he, your blog makes me happy! I will find out the secret to your overly amazing blog. Squabloodle!
    -cozy

    ReplyDelete